Female Hormone Health
Carine Pieterse - Natural Health - Brisbane
Female Hormone Professional in Brisbane
Unresolved Hormonal Imbalance?
Have you experienced fatigue, weight gain, low libido, irritability, used Google, your girlfriends, and a variety of specialists, but your ‘hormonal imbalance' is still unresolved? Feeling a little bit frustrated because something still doesn't feel right?
The problem may be ‘hormonal imbalance' is a catch-all phrase that itself is very imprecise. It's a description, not a diagnosis. Hormones are our body's chemical messengers:
- Carrying important information from one organ to another
- Coordinating your mood, metabolism, growth and fertility.
The two main female hormones, estrogen, progesterone, govern the menstrual cycle and fertility and many other processes in the body. Although there are more than 50 different hormones involved in human health, the term ‘hormonal imbalance' is usually used when discussing women's health issues, such as menstrual problems, Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS), Menopause and Endometriosis.
Hormonal health can be very complicated. It requires a specialist naturopath like Carine Pieterse and an in-depth understanding of your hormonal history, signs and symptoms and a detailed analysis of pathology or urine/saliva tests. Carine Pieterse has a particular interest and many years of experience in treating the different complexities of hormones and will help you get a diagnosis and an individual treatment plan.
Hormonal Imbalance Signs and Symptoms
Hormonal Imbalance signs and symptoms are quite complex, and are broken down into four sections below:
General hormonal imbalance:
- Irregular period
- Heavy periods
- Painful periods
- Premenstrual symptoms such as irritability, depression, bloating, tiredness, feeling very emotional, headaches
- Mid-cycle bleeding
- Difficulty to lose weight
Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS):
- Weight gain
- Difficulty to lose weight despite eating healthy and doing exercise
- Difficulty balancing sugar levels
- Sugar cravings
- Abnormal facial hair
- Irregular periods such as having a period only every few months or not at all
- Recurrent miscarriages
- Difficulty to conceive
- Changes in the menstrual cycle (missed or more frequent periods, painful or heavy)
- Hot flushes
- Feelings of anxiety and depression
- Bone density changes or concerns
- Weight gainVaginal dryness
- Change in memory and concentration
- Increased facial hair
- Bladder infections
- Urinary incontinence
- Painful periods (Dysmenorrhea)
- Pain during ovulationHeavy or long uncontrollable periods
- Blood consisting of large clots
- Pain during intercourseHot flushes
- Difficulty to conceive
- Digestive complaints such as bloating, constipation, diarrhea, and nausea
- Depression and anxiety
- Continuous lower abdominal pain
How to resolve hormonal imbalances in women?
As a leading Brisbane naturopath and women's health Brisbane specialist Carine Pieterse, Natural Health can diagnose your symptoms to determine a pathway for you. You don't need to ‘white-knuckle' it through life or alone, rest assured, you can feel much, much better.
Carine will take a thorough case history to understand the type of hormonal imbalance you may have. Further testing such as the DUTCH urine hormone test or female saliva test will give further valuable insight into your hormones. The DUTCH hormone test provides information about your sex hormones and stress hormones and its metabolites as well as shows how your liver is processing the hormones.
The necessary herbal and nutritional formulas, as well as lifestyle advice, will be decided on to support hormone production, balance and processing, so your functioning can be restored, and you can enjoy life again.
There is hope!